Mobile User Interface Design course
17 Jun 2010
International Living Learning Centre, Ryerson University
Waiting List – $500.00
For people on the waiting list to register when a spot becomes available.
Registration is closed
The event is currently sold out. If you are interested in registering, please contact
. There is still a possibility that additional people will be able to register.
This course presents the latest best practices and trends in user-interface design for phones, PDAs, navigation devices, and wrist-top devices.
- Critique of visual examples of latest products and services
- Design theories of Jones/Marsden (mobile interaction design) summarized
- Universal sign language for mobile devices
- Exploratory prototype of mobile device to save home energy usage
- Mobile YouTube prototype based on social networking theory
- Design considerations for regional markets - USA, Asia, China
Handouts include over 400 images and over 40 pages of reference material.
This material has been refined and continually updated in many presentations since 2000.
The agenda allows plenty of time for networking.
8:30 Open for registration, refreshments & networking
9:00 Mobile UI Design: Concepts, Issues, Guidelines
11:00 Mobile UI Design... continued
12:30 Lunch (provided)
1:30 Special topics quick tour: Asia market, PDAs, etc.
3:30 Special topics... continued
The presenter, Aaron Marcus, is one the most renowned designers and educators in the field of user experience. He has received honors from AIGA (Fellow), ICOGRADA (Graphic Design Hall of Fame), and SIGCHI (CHI Academy). Mr. Marcus has written over 250 articles and written/co-written six books, including Mobile TV: Customizing Content and Experience. He has dozens of consulting clients ranging from Adobe to Xerox, not to mention Nokia, Samsung, and Motorola. For more information about Aaron and his consultancy, see
DATE: Thursday, June 17, 2010
TIME: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM with registration starting at 8:30 AM
LOCATION: Downtown Toronto > Ryerson University > International Living Learning Centre
133 Mutual Street, east of Yonge, north of Dundas
RSVP: Closed. Sorry, we are at full capacity.
- Registration is open to members and nonmembers.
- Registration includes a one-year ToRCHI membership or an additional year for active members.
- If you need cancel your registration please contact
- Attendees who can no longer attend may send someone else in their place. ToRCHI would appreciate being notified of the change but this is not required.
- Attendees who cancel more than 5 business days prior to the event will receive a full refund minus a $50 administration fee.
- Attendees who cancel between 1 and 5 business days prior to the event might receive a refund if ToRCHI can replace them with someone on a waiting list. The refund is minus a $50 administration fee.
- In all other cases, attendees receive no refund for canceling or failing to attend the event.