OTN is seeking a User Experience / User Interface Designer. As the User Experience / User Interface Designer you will contribute to promoting quality and consistency of UX/UI designs. As part of the UX/UI Design Team you will conduct user research and create simple and intuitive user experiences across OTN’s solutions suite. Develop storyboards, mock-ups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas, including maintaining the UX/UI style guide and establish design best practices. This role is located in the Toronto office and will report to the Team Lead, UX/UI Designer.
About Us: OTN is a world leader in telemedicine, helping Ontarians get more out of the health care system by bridging the distance of time and geography to bring more patients the care they need, where and when they need it. Using innovative technology, OTN streamlines the health care process, while also expanding the way knowledge is shared and how the medical community interacts with each other and with patients. An independent, not-for-profit organization, OTN is funded by the Government of Ontario.
OTN is committed to increasing access to health care for Ontarians and continuously searches for new ways to enhance health care delivery. Our continued success in achieving these goals depends on our staff and necessitates hiring talented individuals who are committed to providing superior customer service and who understand the importance of teamwork.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Work closely with other members of the UX/UI Design Team to develop compelling user experiences across OTN’s web and mobile platforms
- Apply user centered design principles in designing the Telemedicine solutions
- Maintain OTN’s UX/UI style guides to assure consistency of solutions
- Plan and conduct user research including surveys, focus groups, interviews, task analysis, contextual inquiry, ethnographic research, etc.
- Develop UI mock-ups in accordance with the UX framework
- Present mock-ups and proof of concepts to stakeholders in requirements validation sessions
- Ensure that UX/UI requirements documentation is maintained through the SDLC
- Work closely with business analysts to deliver user interface mock-ups that are aligned with business and functional requirements.
- Document user interactions and front-end behaviour for consumption by the development and quality assurance teams
- Work closely with web designers, developers, quality assurance analysts and product managers to implement desired user experience and user interface.
- Maintain user experience and user interface requirements documentation through the SDLC.
- Plan, organize and facilitate usability testing sessions
- Conduct heuristic review of off the shelf products
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Degree in communication, computer science, computer engineering or other related field
- 2+ years of experience in UX/UI design
- 2+ years of experience in a software development setting using multiple software delivery life cycles methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Experience with wire framing and prototyping tools such as balsamiq, Invision.
- Experience using Photoshop and/or other photo editing software
- Experience documenting requirements in Confluence Wiki or similar tools
- Experience with JIRA or similar bug tracking tools
- Experience with multiple modes of research such as surveys, focus groups, interviews, task analysis, contextual inquiry and ethnographic research
- Good knowledge of user personas, usage scenarios, experience maps, card sorting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Aptitude for learning, understanding and applying new concepts
- Health care experience is considered an asset.
- Required to undergo a criminal reference check.
If you have strong communication and organizational skills and committed to excellence in delivering extraordinary customer service, check out our website:www.otn.ca. Please apply to this opportunity by clicking on the careers link on OTN’s website or forward your resume via fax: 416 446-4128 quoting– User Experience / User Interface Designer prior to July 19, 2016. We thank all applicants; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
OTN does not solicit personal information such as banking information or passport information over social media sites for employment purposes.
OTN is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Once an applicant has been selected for an interview, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any OTN document required by the AODA and its standards not listed above or to receive any public document on OTN's website in an alternate format, please contact Customerservice@otn.ca.
For users requiring Teletypewriter (TTY) Services, please contact us using the TTY service: 1-855-368-6889.